Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

what a pathetic open

Not applicable
159.85 is one of today's pivot point levels, I have a larger target of 180.00 (23.6% fib retracement from May high) for this rally.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm getting my rocks off on today's damn near perfect trend, evry time we hit that trendline we bounce. continued higher highs and higher lows, it will be easy to spot your exit if you are long. just watch the trend...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
le trend is weakening
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
EURUSD making it's third stab at 1.2840. If it goes through, the DOW will rocket. If it fails again, the USD will rocket and the DOW will plummet. OMO
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
1.2840 falls and now watch the DOW go up
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i like it nova, i like it!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
18400 does seem like a real tough nut to break... BUT when it breaks :-)
0 Kudos
niemand
Contributor
DOW up 1% already. Nova, nice call.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
hmmm be careful, the EUR has gained into the 1.29s but the DOW is not following like it should. Should have shown at least a 100 to 200 pip pop and it's just hesitating too much for my liking.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
EUR run capped at 1.2960 so expect the DOW to come off some as well. This looks like a failed break
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We reached 18400, what are you complaining bout? I thought we would go higher and top out at arounf 18700. But anyway nice profits todays.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
yep, it went nicely nuh? Though I really also expected a bit more. Looks like the currency markets are pricing a 50bps cut with EUR between 1.28 and 1.30. If they give 75bps then the EUR should pop up to between 1.33 and 1.35 and then we will have another nice green day tomorrow because it will rocket the DOW up at least another 200 to 300 pips
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
oh boy I'm out of my longs. Currency market not looking good. Neg divergence on MOM and RSI for EUR and YEN. The USD might once again get some traction but should stay between 1.28 and 1.30. Except it's going to take the DOW down a bit. Far too risky to hold a position overnight either way
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
At 1.2950 it seems to me it's pricing 0.75 cut. They should not go above 0.5 and it will fall. Cant just go to 1.33 in 1 day....
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
well, Wizard, have to admit you're right. I gave it more room than it deserved. 50 bps and the DOW is dropping like a rock. 1.2950 to 1.2850 inside 15 min. Clearly the market does not like this, expected 75bps. Tomorrow could hurt if the DOW doesn't hold 9000
0 Kudos
Not applicable
wow what a drop in the last few minutes of trade. Any reason why??
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
because its that few minutes of trade.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
401(k) baby boomers getting out at any cost on every pop. This is going to continue for a while as hedge funds redeem to get cash. DOW 60 min is now in a range of 8200 to 9500 with what seems to be 9000 as a kind of pivot. Last night's close at 8990 is as good as 9000 so you're going to see a lot of confusion in today's markets. The only sure thing is that the USD dropped back to 1.32 against the EUR which pretty much should spike the DOW up on it's open, despite what CNBC says (DOW futures are +300) so I reckon we may have a drop and then a pop on the open but definitely a green day
0 Kudos