Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

what can we buy amongst the turmoil?

Not applicable
believe it or not WHL is once again a buy after a pullback to the 8 day ema...gfi is a no brainer above 130...even now its pretty safe....as predicted HAR is a write off for now...drd had pulled back to the 21 day ema and a bounce off this on volume could be a nice trade....what happened to all the hype round the banks and Investec?....I would watch very carefully for the pullback to the 21 say ema on this index and a possible further breakdown...( using the Roffey buy divergence indicator for this as a aid on this one)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Not applicable
Using Roffey's "buy divergence indicator" as a signal to sell - LOL - nice one!
0 Kudos
prof
Regular Contributor
adw has done exceptionally well.i think it has a strong future and is not affected much by the turmoill.stockpicker rates it as his most favourite share.im hanging on for the long haul ,and maabe buyin some more .
0 Kudos
Rohitht
Contributor
On what does stockpicer rate ADW as a good buy? Are you waiting for a correction to happen anytime or you think its going to continue it upward trend a little while longer
0 Kudos
prof
Regular Contributor
they bought 3 new companies that r doing exceptionally well.they are trying and are doing a good job of over 100% increase in headline earnings a year.stockpicker reckons they should be 7.5 in a short space of time.i cant remember exactly as i already deleted it.i bought at a rand and sold at 2.6 and rebaught at 2.9 and now in for the long haul.they are doing so great in this market that when interest rates come down i think they will fly
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I sold yesterday. Eyes pop out my head every time I open ADW graph. Wondering if there will ever be a re-trace. Can they really sustain this momentum. I started trading it at 180. Very happy there is more liquidity now, was slim pickings at the outset.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
do not be fooled by WHL and HAR intraday movements....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
short squeeze in progress...
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
Chartist,you sold WHL @ 19.10,and it rose heavily after that.What was your reasoning for selling so early on the run?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I took some profit....as I had reached my first target....remember I am buying geared products (6X) so a 10% rise is at least 50 return....WHL has retraced to this profit taking level and I can now add to my position should the right levels be reached....
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
Thanks.May I ask which instruments you're using?
0 Kudos
kobus
Occasional Contributor
Chartist, how do you tell if buying in a share is shorts closing their position or new longs being established? Are you buying WHL at these levels?
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
prof
Regular Contributor
check out my recomendation yesterday.adw up another 16 cents today and looks like its got a long way to go
0 Kudos