Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

what must i do wth my shares

Thabani
Occasional Contributor
I bought BFs share tem month back while it was 40c a share, then it had depreciated at to nine cent a share. Now i can seee that it has gian, i am worried whether i must sell them at 36c or wiat. Because i don,t trust BFS Worried T
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
If you are worried then sell. Why hold something you have no faith in?
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
It has doubled its value in a week and for no known reason. It could therefore halve its value in the same period for the same reason. I'd take the money and invest in something more logical. OMHO
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
BFS shakes off the blues Nov 11 2010 16:48 Marc Ashton Market cap: R212.29m Related Articles More insider trading cases looked into Mayibuye confident of rescuing Blue Spike in financial services complaints Blue Label Telecoms profit down 7% Mayibuye confident of rescuing Blue Johannesburg - Microlender Blue Financial Services [JSE:BFS] is singing a new tune as its share price has rocketed in the last few days for no apparent reason. After opening the week at 18c, shares in the company rose to as high as 40c in Wednesday trade before falling back to around 35c. More than 7 million shares have changed hands in the last two-and-a-half trading days. A phone call to CEO Johan Meiring left Fin24 none the wiser. Meiring wasn't taking any of the credit for some kind of turnaround, and said he wasn't aware of any specific event which would have triggered the run in the share price. He did, however, point out that BFS was now trading at the level it was at prior to private equity firm Mayibuye announcing it was launching a rescue bid for the company. He said this was hopefully a sign that market faith in the stock had been restored. Analysts were also scratching their heads, attributing this rise to a perceived improvement in operating conditions at the microlender. However, as one cautioned: "It is one thing to not be losing money, it is another thing altogether to be making money," and this is perhaps the crux of whether BFS is back in business. BFS reported a R1bn loss in the previous financial year and its short-term survival depended on the Mayibuye bailout. Microlending depends heavily on access to affordable funding and credit demand, neither of which is readily available. Meiring and Mayibuye have so far stabilised the business; the question now is where do they take it from here. From Company news on the profile page.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
If we lucky there could be one more surge to 50-55. Will see.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Can somebody kick some life into this share. I am still bleeding from mid last week, I need a 50c price, any takers?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sell while you're still able to at these levels. If you read up on BFS, there isn't any news out there justifying the rapid increase in the share price. You can see from this week alone that the rise is quickly fading by the way side. In another post Simon highlighted the need to stick to your Stop Loss. You are lucky in that you have an opportunity to recoup most of your investment at the current level. If it does fall back sharply and you believe the share will recover, you can always buy it again at the lower levels. I had to make a call the other day about Transhex. I was making some profit on my position and then they released poor results. Fortunately the pull back wasn't instantaneous so I could exit making a small profit but had I got emotional about the position and clung on to the hope that it would bounce back, I would have lost over 30% of my initial investment. I've played with stocks a couple of times and learn't hard lessons the most important one being STICK TO YOUR STOP LOSS! I'm by no means a great trader but protecting your capital this way keeps you in the market longer and you do find trades that go in your favour.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Very Good Advice many thanks, have sold my possition. Made a Loss of R4k, but still in the game.
0 Kudos