Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

what recssion

DR_1
Super Contributor
looking at the stock market today, it would be hard to believe that we in a bear market. most of the resources are back to where they were before all bad news started. now for the life of me I cannot figure out how a auto bail out is the solution to all our problems... some one has to buy the cars, drive it etc... but if you cannot get money, then you cannot buy.. so what the bugger is driving up teh market...i can only think emotion. bitter as I missed out and bet the down side, now I loose both ways
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
moomoo
Contributor
I doubt that auto stimulus plan is fully driving the market. I think people came to terms with the idea of a recession. The panic is sort of fading away, panic was actually driving the market down in the first place. I dont think all is green though, there will be dips and horizontal movements, but maybe not as bad as a month?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
DR, I was asking myself the same questions. But look at the volumes, they are low. So there might be something brewing there....?
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
Is some parties not jointly manipulating the market at low volumes for futures close out so that they have a good quarter among all the mayhem ?????
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Also the factor of returning to value after the panic. The doom and gloom speak was 1929 etc and now maybe panic starting to subside lets see.
0 Kudos