Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

what the hell

john_1
Super Contributor
market just fell out of bed, any news...
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
Looks like a crash yo me.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no news aside from the usual, volumes light but sellers are in command.
0 Kudos
attackcat
Contributor
Did you go for coffee again, John? Seem to remember thats what caused the last fall!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
thats a nice way to put it. and volumes are not light on the futures.. I prefer to say that the bull just took one bending over.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
TraderSteve
Frequent Contributor
Look on the positive side, there is some great buying opportunities coming available.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, no panic but ugly. Futures often have larger volumes 9specially time like now) due to limitness loss potential. I don't care what happens to my MTN's etc., but if I was long futures I would care very much about this.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
richie, ya and maybe even better in a week ro so.
0 Kudos
Jason_1
Contributor
how does the ANC get together impact the market?
0 Kudos
TraderSteve
Frequent Contributor
You right SPB, I been out of futures for a while, with the volatility the last month or two, has made the market difficult to call. Unless you are intraday trading and good at it, then you would be loving these ups and downs. I'ts been a bit like the weather in Durban for the past two months.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
value trade increased by almost a billion since the first post on this thread.
0 Kudos
WBuffet
Contributor
Its a XMAS sale out there, coupled with Santa giving away presents. Its time to pick bargains.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Friday... 14th Dec. It could've been the 13th and then the blood would have been flowing more. This is crazy occurance, but give some opportunities to the brave out there. I think the ANC gettogether has a little to do with it, as this is a long weekend (market opens again 18th Dec) and a lot is to be seen from what Polokwane gives form Sunday onwards.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
What the F### just happened
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
John, cant say at the mo cause Im still trading at 15h10. Is there somehting I should know about then I can maybe get out of or into some positions before my OST gets to 15h30? A *****nig blind bat can see better than this gawd!!!
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Must say this is by far the best feature ost could give us. A full 15 min window into the future to be able to see exactly what's happening! Tis now as easy as clubbing baby seals or perhaps SB bankers... (Ah, must be the change over to china's time hey?)
0 Kudos
Kipper
Contributor
The last two days ripped right through my stops, left me with a pile of cash and very little portfolio.
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
Is this a crash? Dax FTSE CAC Stox Jse all in the red.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah boet, when market is off 20% in a day, then we can talk crash.
0 Kudos