Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

what to choose Blackberry Bold 9700 or Blackberry Storm 2?

Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
My brother in law is very happy with his Bold.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
My wife has the bold and she is also very happy - only issue she has is that from time-to-time ther phone reboots while she is on a call - not sure if this is a general Blackberry issue or specific only to her phone..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
thanks guys... just for interest: Bold 9700 is basically the Bold 2 - newer design, better camera.. Storm 2 is the touch screen BlackBerry. basically the iPhone competitor.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey Werner, just buy the thing already !!!!! Too much fence sitting - Sallie forth boldly & JUST DO IT - :-)
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I would love to, phone on order, waiting for new stock...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
same functions..basic diffrence is the key pad.. do you like the touch screen..I don't.. I recon its 2 years from being spot on.. especially if you do a lot of emails on the move..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Whattabout the new google phone?, wonder when its coming to SA?
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Hi Werner - I've got the Bold and am very happy with it. When I did a bit of asking around about the storm, some of the guys I know who have them said they had had some issues/problems with the touch screen (yes it was sorted out for free, but still the inconvenience)
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I also tend to favour the bold, but they did release the new storm 2 which doesnt have the issues like the original one... but i think i will go for the bold.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
i got a bold, and like it. I don't think the touch screen is the way to go. oh, and mine doesn't reboot while I'm on a call. Just the voice prompt is a bit of a nuicense cos the button is in a doff place.
0 Kudos
David99755
Contributor
Okay Boldies - I also have the Bold and have tried to access OST to no avail. How do I do this?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I have a suggestion for OST, i think it would start a new trend for online brokers in SA and taking them more inline with whats going on in USA. I know people say you can use opera mini to access OST (thats the answer) but i think creating a proper app that gets installed on these mobile devices, e.g. Java app for BlackBerry, iPhone app, etc. would really lead the future for mobile brokers here in Africa... check this app out, it is for clients of TD Ameritrade, works on iPhone, BlackBerry and Android. very cool application : http://www.istockmanager.com/ I think OST should consider creating such an application and i assure you it will bring many more mobile orientated clients your way. Just do research into how many more mobile users are in the country to how many that have direct internet access on computers, both PC and Mac.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Hey Werner i have the bold and very happy. access ost on opera mini.Great free apps to download is vigo for up to date news including reuters and recently free bloomberg mobile app covering world markets(indexes) including equity updates from anywhere in world incl sa plus up to date news really nice when sitting in meetings and want to keep eye on market. download from bb application world.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
its all already there just register with IGmobile..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
lol divz - you one of those dudes scrolling on the phone while some bugger is trying really hard to make a truly impressive presentation.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
haha! ya but i try to do it really subtly some of these meetings are really boring especially when ppl just want to be heard. That side button saash speaks about i have reassigned to bloomberg so i dont get that irritating woman asking for a command and easy to press while phone is lying on table in front of you.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Thats not for SA Equities through SBK. There are many service providers exist but not for SA brokerages where you buy standard equities...
0 Kudos
Freelander
Occasional Contributor
How is the GPS navigation on the BB Bold? Any good?
0 Kudos