Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

whats in your long term portfolio

Blik
Super Contributor
I am in for the long term with - Reinet and BAT, Distell and Capevin, Spar, PPC, Compuclear, Discovery and Altron. Maybe a bit Rupert heavy though.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
lol, now you need some CFR still...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Are your millions in Coal black-swan proof? What happens if a new energy source is discovered that makes sentiment in coal/fuel crash? Hope you also have millions invested in other areas to spread the risk a bit...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
When can we select our 5 stocks on your website for the new year?
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Yes, you make a good point..nothing is guaranteed...High risk = High return...At the moment, most coal mines are battling to meet the demand, so I am hopeful that the demand will ensure the profitability of CZA...The next six months will be critical. If mining at Vele goes according to plan, the share price should improve dramatically...My investment in CZA is about 10% of my total portfolio, so if goes becomes obsolete, I will survive, but will not be happy !!!
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Aah....so you "chickened" out of CZA ???
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
That may be on the cards Werner - I am trying to come up with a strategy (could read tragedy) for reinvesting my dividends
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I will let you know what it is updated to allow for 2010 entries, i think it will be in jan though, we normally started the challenge on the 15 jan and from 01 to 14 one can enter...
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi Werner, i'm looking forward to winning Simons old empty ball point pen! U really put in a great deal of work and effort in both the competition and your website ... www.valueinvestorsa.com... thanks
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Barry, i am a bit slow lately because i have been very busy over the past months...
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
ACL,AGL,AIP,APN,BIL,BLU,BTI,BVT,CFR,CMP,EXX,IMP,MTN,NPN,OML,PIK,TBS,SAB,SBK,SHK,SOL
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
See the new Resources page on our web-site.U will see i still rate it no 1 amongst the coal!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
That is "new coal".EXXARO IS NO1!
0 Kudos
Herms
Contributor
BVT, SHP and STXRAF. Still looking at value in the banking and insurance sectors.
0 Kudos
Jos
New Contributor
Could you please give the name of the website and also that of Naomi's warrant watch. Thanks.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
The only stock I have been holding long-term is STX40. I am on a monthly stop order since August 2005. My time horizon is 25 years. I know this is low risk, low return but I'm happy to use it for retirement.
0 Kudos