Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

when will this f$%^ing carnage stop?

Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
faure
Frequent Contributor
I think next week could be better.
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Who gives a flying *****. There is only 2 places you can be in the market. 1...on the side that is making money or 2...the side that is losing money. So if you are on the second either get out or change sides. It is that simple. Not easy but it is that simple.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Just broke the long term trend line as well as the 200DMA... next stop 22,000 for the Top40. Don't see it turning around before then. Got burnt badly by TOPDWL this morning so off in a corner licking my wounds.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
What the F$%#!!! just happened price streamer seemed to stop working from 1104 to 1130 in that time SBK dropped from 9670 to 9550????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My friend in the USA told me this morning homes are being repo'd in Ohio more than his ever seen , so its proberly a good time to get out.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
What are the banks going to do with all these houses. when they can't sell the ones they have got already. Must be a nightmare for all involved.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Usually John, the banks will lock the door with a key and place a "repo" sign outside...(just Kiddin)
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
easy. They'll auction them off at whatever price they can get to cover some costs, then hound the ex-owners to pay up whatever the shortfall is. Then rigth off whatever they can't get.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Must know there is something really wrong when under Key market statistics,highest gainers in shares show only 19 instead of the usual 40.So these are the only shares up in the entire market!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, 19 gainers, 222 losers and 263 flat
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Good time to invest in a house in the US better than the JSE today. Also good place to hide when all the creditors come knocking on the door
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
If i held of them i'de SELL just to be on the safe side.Really only my opinion and really only tongue in cheek!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Do you think that the US "property market" will have an knock on effect on our property market price? I am in the market for a home.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Id say all the rate increases and new credit act will really start to bite end of this year beginning of next. People have started to battle to sell and the more stock that comes onto the market will result in much more competitive priciong, you'll also be more spoilt for choice and get exactly what you are looking for. tis a shweet time to be a buyer and a ***** time to be a seller... in your case hold thumbs for another rate hike.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
TZ.. You alway discount the rate increase into the price of the house. Did i mention , i will qualify for Repo by virtue of my "better half" employment in SBK.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Snap dude, my better half to be is also at SBK... which branch?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
mines at new kigsmead head office in durbs
0 Kudos