Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

where are the bottom feeders now

Not applicable
0 Kudos
51 REPLIES 51
_nova
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Nova is that a H/S I see on the FTSE hourleys been broken? not looking good for now
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
you know, I wondered about that and whether it could be called a 'complex' HnS but I wasn't sure so left it alone. But you could be very right. You talking about the one stretching all the way from beginning Dec 08? Only, it makes a double right shoulder which I don't think validates it. The daily HnS that I think John pointed out I think is more valid
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Was refering to the intraday hourley charts from about the 24feb09- to today. Wats the fx telling you Nova at this point in time?
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
nah, I wouldn't work on so few bars for an HnS. The more bars involved and the longer timelines are better. I think we're going to see sports from the US open. The USD Index is spoiling for an upside run. It's stabbing for 88.50 for the third time now today. If it goes through then the markets tank
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Ok Ic. They worked for me though :) I though we a have already tanked! next step from there is massacre(im sure i spelled that wrong)
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
There goes 88.50, now to see if it holds and gets steam. Watch you backs because if this gets traction then the USD is going to trump the crosses
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
BIG BIG BIG tug-'o-war in the USD Index between 88.50 and 88.70
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
back below 88.50 let's see if it holds and at least the carnage stops. It seems it may be hedge fund managers behind this. With US equities dropping they have to rebalance funds and need to buy USD for month end
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Man ! How was that gap close on the DOW 150 points !!! 2.16 %
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
gap close is an understatement... the damn yanks did it again..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This thing better tank BIG ... got a lot riding on the banks !!!!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
That's what UNISA does to u... giving u extra stress... at least it's final year
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I repeat the question...
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Chartist? Here's an answer by means of a question (since I don't watch talking heads TV as a rule): Are any of the talking heads still saying 'buy this 'n that NOW!'???? Coz if they are, then this ain't over, and the bottom feeders are quietly going about vacuuming up the shrimp poop.
0 Kudos