Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

who wants to play?

Not applicable
I am playing with the idea of seeing what we can do with 10k in a real life trading account. I know its very little (maybe to little)but thats part of the challenge....taking 10k to 100K in a year. The idea would be to share the trades on a daily basis, look at the reasons for entering the trade as well as get feedback and suggestions from people in the forum. Havent decided whether I have the balls for this yet but maybe if its collaborative it will appear less onerous....
0 Kudos
112 REPLIES 112
Runbird
Contributor
I'm in - could only benefit me
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
Im in, but only if SBK will automatically create a sub-account based on our current account details to prevent us from having to go through all the admin of setting a seperate account up. I think a seperate account will work and not to combine it with ur existing account
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wil that include warants as well?
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
Hi Chartist, is that trading only through SBK or can one use IG?
0 Kudos
Mic
Super Contributor
It can easily be done. I started first trade 31 Oct 06 with 10k now 52k in 3 months.
0 Kudos
Runbird
Contributor
Maybe what we should do is each use 10K in our own accounts and just share trade ideas etc. That way we don't have to set up a new joint account...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
anything that will make money - even the horses....
0 Kudos
Pleiades
Frequent Contributor
100k club sounds like a great idea. Not sure if SBK is allowed to do the sub-a/c story. Perhaps Chartist you could keep a separate spreadsheet going and post a link to it?
0 Kudos
Nolan
Contributor
Most Definately in, happy with trading off my SBK account!! That way we will have the basics to be able to carry on for the future.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes runbird - each of you putting 10k into my account would be great! I wasnt suggesting that - I will just keep a tally of the actual trades in a spreadsheet and share the info... the question is do we do it in this forum or do we do it via an email group or a blog or something like that?
0 Kudos
Ginny
Contributor
I'm very much a novice but would like to participate and also gain info and experience. Won't have much to contribute but keen to learn more& make more money of course!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hi there Chartist. You know how much I like dart throwing. I would suggest that we have a monthly vote, top ten pics are recorded and thier performance tracked, Then we can see if we beat the to 40 index, and also allowing forum contributers the opportunity to peg their own trading performance to Our own index.
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
I dont think a joint account between us is meant. More along the lines that each have their own individual account set up for the Rk10
0 Kudos
B_man
Occasional Contributor
Hi Chartist Great idee to do this. I am in on this and would suggest that we do this on a seperate platform. We can create a closed forum on skype and add the people that would like to participate. Only a suggestion to think about.
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
I already keep track of my trades so count me in. Ironically I started playing with 10k for my required futures at the start of jan as an "experiment" Jan was kind to me and feb has been reasonable except im holding HAR march futures contract :( but so far Im now at 16k. Do I have to start the count again? - Paul C
0 Kudos
steve_1
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i am not suggesting that you all copy the trades (no problem if you do). This is more like an experiment which we are all gonna be watching....
0 Kudos
Nolan
Contributor
I would suggest maybe a blog or via email, my work server wont let me download skype or msn or ... anything actually!!! When do we start??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Count me in as well, I have 10K to use.
0 Kudos