Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

who wants to play?

Not applicable
In a dow trade at the moment which I will post tonite...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Great , i'm in .
0 Kudos
ms
Contributor
great idea.......definately in
0 Kudos
akb
Frequent Contributor
great idea....will only work for u guys if there is total control and u know who your members are....if u placing your trade ideas opening here on forum ....u know what can happen ...so there should be rules placed in into agreement and must be controlled and enforced if neccessary.all the luck ahead for your idea...maybe seq could assist u with setting up the neccessarry.god bless all
0 Kudos
dijon
Occasional Contributor
Great idea. Trading can be a lonely endeavour. A shared task would be an enjoyable way to great profits and knowledge. I'll join you lot.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK , so where to now - SFM opens a common shared trading account and we each put in 10K no more no less ? . I suppose we then discuss our options decide what to do - We could open a new thread each time before we trade and use that thread to cast our votes. Will we trade SSF's warrants or maybe alteX small caps even could just buy ordinary stock - maybe a split 60% ordinary shares , 20% alteX , 10% SSF's and warrants. We need to agree on a time frame. 6 months ? 1 year ? Who will do the actuall buy and sell Account value at the start could be 10,000 x 50 participants = R 500,000 > What say folks ? omo . Standard Financial Markets - your input please .
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Please count me in, Rana
0 Kudos
maciver
Contributor
Also couint me in and I hope I'll be able to contribute something !I 'm sure that I'll learn
0 Kudos
tsbc
Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
earlyret
Regular Contributor
Excellent idea. Lets do it
0 Kudos
TraderSteve
Frequent Contributor
Great idea players. Count in me I am still a big time novice and am very keen to learn and understand the goingings on of trading.Keep me posted.Thx
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
SFM can not open a common, shared, joined or what ever account (regulation issues etc.). What you'd all have to do is form a legal partnership, cc, pty or something (we can only open accounts for legal entities or single individuals) and then open a bank account then a SFM trading account and deposit money. And be warned partnerships are nasty beasts, cc or pty always better.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon I think some may have got the wrong end of the stick - the idea was never to open a joint acoount...I would never ever trade with someone else's money. The idea was just to observe trades as they happened and give some input. Of course individuals may want to copy the trades which I dont recommend but if that part of your system (to copy trades I mean) thats fine.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
on the point of the blog - I will update this every evening - its up but not very intersting at the mo... Trade on Dow didnt live up to expectations - resistance at 12717 tested 3 times and failed - stopped out with a small profit....my BP/JPY trade has triggered a buy so lets see what happens today - no warrant plays on JSE today - market lacks direction...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
chartist, that's what I figured.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
that's cool , I'm easy - so where to then from here...
0 Kudos
P_D_A
Contributor
this must be a record 57 reply's well done chartist
0 Kudos
nico_1
Not applicable
I am in. Let play
0 Kudos