Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

who wants to play?

etienne964
New Contributor
I'm in, let me know when we start!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
disasterous day today in a gold trade at GBP 20 per point - got in at 662 and wanted to get out at 669 as we were getting to resistance. Just as I was trying to place the order the bloody internet went out in our office complex...Hadnt tightened stops on the way up as I was busy and got stopped out at a GBP 48 loss....so a ZAR 2000 profit turned into a ZAR 750 loss. If you wanna play with such highly geared instruments expect to get burnt if you dont trail your stops up and have a backup in place... and dont try and trade intraday if you cannot devote your complete attention...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I leave for 2 weeks and come back to a forum party being held in Chartists blog! (Sounds kinkier than it actualy is). Great idea C, but with so many forumites online all day, maybe we should group our collective thoughts in a real-time chat room where we could do m-2-m updates on our trades. With forex markets moving at the speeds they do, by the time our posts are updated on this forum, we could be out of the trade already. Just a thought. Speaking of getting out within a few minutes, has anyone seen Brazen and Ditzy?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
What a very nice surprise Nice to have you back mate Place has been a bore without you, The Girls are no where to be found,
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah, been chasing my tail lately with new business ventures. I havent done a trade in almost 2 weeks now, and the withdrawal symptoms are starting to rear their ugly heads. If I dont get into something before the close of trade today, i'll be climbing the wall and having the missus howling at the moon again tonight ;)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Goldie -great idea - we share the same vision....just finding the time to set it up is the problem - battling to find good people...doing damm interview the whole day - BTW if anyone knows of anyone looking for a career in magazine advertsing sales or sub editing or DTP design get them to contact me...
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
Yo, pumpkins ! Back from a few days in the Cape, not the greatest of weekends weather-wise ! Work and holidays seem to be intruding in my trading time, so I'd love to copycat. Nothing wrong with a free ride ! John, sorry if I didn't respond to your last post ( the weird one, assuming you sent something back). The thread fell off the edge b4 i had the time to reply.
0 Kudos
don786
New Contributor
0 Kudos
don786
New Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
No Problem Ditzy, Hope you had a fun time despite the weather. Now as far as trading goes, Its a tough call Agl has just broken 4 month sideways trend, Bhp is a record highs and the plats are running like a frieght train and all this while we are record highs, always a difficult time to commit new money. MPC meeting tomorrow so banks are not looking good but if they dont lift the capital requirements they might bounce. I am Looking at TNT, REM, and NTC. I am currently also long INP and SLM. PS I hope you are getting spoilt today! Oh dont forget SASOL Windfall will get a mention in the bugget next week so if you want you make a call on that one.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
C: Copy that. If anyone here knows of an empty chatroom in cyber us miscreants can call a hogpen so that we could throw in a couple of troughs and have the piglets feeding fodder and happy to roll around in $hit all day, please be so kind as to inform us. Idealy we wana be able to upload graphs and pics in said room too.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I have an empty room after a failed business - RussianBrides-4-Cheapskates.com
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Heeeyy.. look what the cat dragged in.... a Russian madam complete with empty cyberspace room ;) How you been B? Long time no see... I almost feel like a stranger around these parts, what with all the young and new nubile flesh doing the rounds.
0 Kudos