Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

whos made the bucks

nala
Super Contributor
hi all ,personal ?, has anyone om the forum made 10million rand trading- if so over what period and what instrument
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
i have made 10 million bucks trading ssf............
0 Kudos
Not applicable
....and then i woke up after a good nights sleep
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
There are a lot of fund managers out there who have made R10 million bucks this years..they did start the year with R50 million..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I really don't think those are the wanted answers. Nala, firstly, do you mean trading or investing? trading, i am sure there are some guys who made that with investing, maybe not this year alone, but over the better performing years.
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
trading and with what capital outlay
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I havent made such cash with trading, but got some good months, if one can get a consistently good system going like what some people have, i think you could get it with R3m upwards, maybe if you really good with a bit less than that? -> I am not a trader, this is only my guess.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
that could be over 1-2 years, i guess over 5years, if you compound some of the earnings you need less capital, it also will depend on what risk levels you willing to accept, the lower the risk the more capital required.
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
what do you mean by a 'consistentlly good system'- there are so many flogging systems- does one go through trading by trail and error-nibble and gain confidence or does this remain or does this more in the domain of the asset managers etc -they get a salary to take home
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
As the other day-traders on this site will tell you, one NEEDS to have fixed rules, entry, exit, etc. and never break these rules, always trade according to a plan, then if you have a good system, it will consistently generate more than what you loose, creating consistently profitable system.. hope this makes sense...
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
More importantly, Nala, how much has each forum member lost this year... These are unspoken of questions/secrets... You just need to take a look at the leaderboard of www.makeamillion.co.za to see how hard it is to make money trading - only 60 out of 290 entrants appear to have more money in their trading account than what they started off with (i.e. R10k); the remaining 230 out of 290 entrants have lost money. It can be very rewarding, but requires a lot of hard work and mental training. Good luck.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Down over 200 this past year, it sucks big *****s mate! Just buying as much as I can now, Hopefully reap rewards in a year or two or three or four whenever this mess is over, all I know is the longer we are down the more shares I can buy. One way to look at it!
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Yes Quakedog, tis the time to fill ones portfolio with quality companies at deflated prices. "There is a tide in the affairs of men, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune" - Shakespeare
0 Kudos