Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

why do people trade vod

cope
Frequent Contributor
i look at this share from the day it open and there is one thing i do not understand is why do traders trade here. the price is between 51 and 55 and millions trade every day. one day it is half to one % up the next day it is half to one % down and so it goes on and on week after week. the only companys that can make money here is the trading account holders who takes comission on every deal. (they must open a share for that)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
john_1
Super Contributor
they already have one its called the JSE
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
The "Q" need to be asked is are you trading the range?
0 Kudos
PLayer
Frequent Contributor
exactly trade the range some nice profit to be made given a nice amount of cash
0 Kudos
cope
Frequent Contributor
how do you trade the range. where can i reed about that. if i look at the range of vod and everyones favorite mtx.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Remember trading SBK OST u have to price +- 5,5% in for brokerage, slippage, and spread per trade
0 Kudos
Salv
Frequent Contributor
Quik question, what does slipage refer to ?
0 Kudos
cope
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
One of the 3 Big Killersc from "The Holy Grail" (by SPB)
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
In layman's terms slippage is the difference between expected and actual selling price. e.g. If your trading system (or stop loss) triggers a Sell at R100, you may eventually only sell at R99.25. Especially relevant if the price is dropping fast e.g. Bid prices drop faster than you can place the Trade.
0 Kudos