Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

why does everyboody always

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
but naspers is not a value stock .. it is a growth stock .. and that's my point, many ways to invest but all anybody ever asks about is cheap stocks .. I suspect it is just about human psychology always wanting a bargin ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nicely said - i bet there's a couple of people that could pull their hair out of their heads not picking up a Naspers at 248. That was cheap though!
0 Kudos
og
Frequent Contributor
...because most people queue up like moths to the flame when the words "Cheap"; "Sale" and "Reduced to Clear" are used - works for my wife :-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
From my experience a woman will pay half price for something she doesn't need whereas a man will pay double the price for something he does need...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ola dude...the oke who owns the wine cellar down the road from me, echoes the same sentiments. Anyway got to go while the sun is still shining in CT today....and tend to those rotten grapes I've got fermenting on my balcony! adios
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think it's because of them fine wine we are drinking that we have the same sentiments.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
There is currently so much uncertainty in the world that "paying up" for growth stories is foolhardy. Genuinely cheap shares are underpinned by their yield and asset value. Better to get "caught" in this if the market legs south. In any case, this whole growth vs. value story is a lot of rubbish (imo.)- you will only pay for growth if you see VALUE in the discounted future revenue streams.
0 Kudos