Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

why is har share not performing good

Not applicable
if you observe har it is not performing as good as other shares for example take a looke at gfi it is performing much better than har even though these companies are doing the very same business type. gfi can go up as much as 3 to 4% if things are good in the gold but har will just go up by 1 or 2% up instead. this makes me feel very skeptical about purchasing har. can anyone explain to me why is har doing so badly pliz before i pray to god for asistance
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
Brazen
Super Contributor
Dear dragon7 - if you are going to buy gold shares a close relationship with God is a big advantage.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Dear Dragon7.many brave and intelligent share traders have had their finger burn't. I entire hand had plats on it.
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
When Traders pray they usually pray to "all gods" it spreads the risk of not being heard!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
brazen and preston can you expalin why is the har share performing so badly stop telling me about fingers burningor closed to god. i know you can talk a lot just prove it by talking about this shares please my suen
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Dragon, what you are talking about is the relative performance of a share and it is a good measure of what the market currently thinks of a share. If you see that harmony is up less on good days and down more on bad days it usualy is a good Idea to stay away, ofcourse...there is the small little factor that harmony has been a loss making entity for as long as I can remember.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
john, probably for as long as HAR can remember as well .
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LOL, caught the last few moments of you on the TeeVee this AM, you have got to stop letting your mother pick your ties.
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Must have been a Xmas present!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hey john, now you sound like my boss, hweck you sound like everybody. Point of a tie is simple, if you don't notice it I was wasting my time putting it on ...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LOL! point taken. I stand corrected.. the okes in poffader will think you a trend setter.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
With the prior hair they thought he was an Irish setter
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Dear Dragon7... It is with great interest i read your post. To relate my experience to you..I bought AMS at 1196 (i can still remember the cost) and a few day it was sitting at R850. I sat for 2 month with that share and eventually took a loss about R10 000.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Be nice guys, he hates gold, so he is boxing from the same corner!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Galuc, don't hate it. Just think we should leave it in the ground, amke for richer investors and traders.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
gold is not the same as gold shares. one is sold and shinny and the other is a very very deep black hole that swallows cash.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
john, sure. still don't know we just don;t leave it in the ground and dig for something of real value, like plat or copper, or ...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
u need to use get familiar with the Roffey divergence indicator...extremely reliable...when he calls harmony or drd long you go short the next morning....when he tells you to get out of general equities you go long the index...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
u need to have a masochistic streak to trade the golds successfully....this may be more helpful though....HAR has completed a near perfect 61.8% retracement of the rally from the Mid Feb to the Mid March lows....this doesnt mean anything except that the chances of going much higher if we go higher from here are good and that if we go down from here the chances of testing those lows are quite good...so if u hold HAR I would be watching for a few significant closes (on good volume) around this area...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Gold shares also follow the gospel according to Technical Analysis like all other shares. Attempting to explaining its movement with Fundamental analysis - now there's a different story.
0 Kudos