Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

zim update

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
08:44 02Apr08 RTRS-TABLE-Zimbabwe election results at 0642 GMT April 2, (Reuters) - Below are latest official parliamentary election results announced by Zimbabwe's electoral commission.

Ruling ZANU-PF 93
Opposition MDC 91
Breakaway MDC faction 5

A total of 210 constituencies are being contested.
No official results have been published yet from the presidential election, also held on March 29.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Interesting that the BOB faction announced that any declaration by the opposition that they won the presidential election will be regarded as treason - makes one think that this could result in a technical victory in favour of BOB. In this instance 'n toe bek will remain 'n heel bek. Personally I think old BOB must be in a state of panic.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
If the vote was organised by the United Nations with a security force there and the boxes were sealed and they could do an individual count with monitors around the world then the opposition would no doubt win 90% of the vote. I have family there that tell me the vote is an absolute farce,their factory and farm workers in the Marrandellas district were told that would be killed if they did not vote for dear old bob.(he doesnt deserve a capital for his name)
0 Kudos