Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

How do I open Savings and Investment accounts in the app?

You are now able to open Savings and Investment accounts directly from the smartphone and tablet banking app.

The account opening process is initiated from the Explore menu under each product specific tile.

Bear in mind this is a 24 hour activity, which means that the account will only be active the next day. However the account information (account number, etc) will be available immediately 

Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎10-04-2015 08:26 PM
Updated by:

Comments
Trish
Occasional Visitor

I need to know how to access my funds/give notice on my accessave account without going to the bank each time, I used to do that on the internet banking site but now that option is no longer available. 

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Trish, please visit your nearest branch for assistance.

RudiBarnard

This does not work. It just explains the product and refers you to the website.

there is no button to actually open the account

RudiBarnard

I'm trying to open another market linked account. Seems tou cant have two

Reyhana_27
Regular Visitor

I've tried to open savings accounts via the app.  I managed to open the tax-free savings account and the notice Deposit account.  I tried to open a Flexi-Advantage Investment Account and give Notice on my Notice Deposit Account via the App and Online Banking, but it didn't work.  The message was that I need to go into a branch. I've experienced such poor service everytime I've been to the Bela Bela branch. The last time I went it took me over two and a half hours. I thought the App and Online Banking were supposed to make it easier, but it doesn't.  Why give the options to open accounts if it doesn't even work? I have not moved since September 2017 so my residential address is still the same. It's frustrating. 

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hello Reyhana_27,

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused. I understand your frustration. Please escalate your query to [email protected]

FrankWilliam

@StandardBank wrote:

You are now able to open Savings and Investment accounts directly from the smartphone and tablet banking app.

The account opening process is initiated from the Explore menu under each product specific tile.

Bear in mind this is a 24 hour activity, which means that the account will only be active the next day. However the account information (account number, etc) will be available immediately 

Top kudoed posts in knowledge base