Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

2015 results

Major
Regular Contributor
Great set of results. Rand hedge, discounted cashflow from BAT, good dividends, and decent capital gains on the rest of the portfolio - what's not to like!
7 REPLIES 7
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
performance and management fees ??
partridge
Super Contributor
Well if you are patient - and your children are young - this is an interesting albeit not the cheapest hedge.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
They need to unload their BTI interest in order to diversify their risk. The day they announce a large-scale disposal, (to an Asian fund perhaps?) - I suspect this share will take flight. Love the company - love what they are doing - own a chunk - but I'm scared of the tobacco issues.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Their dividend - a first time occurrence for both interim and final - totals 1% after tax - hardly good... ?
geordie1
Super Contributor
I think this share is more about potential capital growth than a dividend although over time that may become good.also its a bit of a way of getting 'out of sa' although fees charged are something to ckeck on as it may inhibit capital growth.I have a small investment here and see no reason to cash in
Major
Regular Contributor
I've been happy to see good fees paid to the managers of Remgro and PSG. I see no different at Reinet. There is an obvious argument about performance fees on the BTI investment, which I accept. What I like is how they are diversifying into areas that would be difficult to access via the rest of the market.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
And speaking of being scared of tobacco issues...