Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Blik2
Contributor

Predictions and thoughts for 2019?  Will SNH recover; who's going to buy Group5 for a few bar; will DT be impeached; May brexit ever happen.....hmm.  How about early elections and another Ramaphoria bash....?  I wonder, and am feeling rather positive - well more so than last year at the same time.

9 REPLIES 9
partridge1
Regular Contributor

SNH? - this is a party for one and you are paying for the drinks , but that said there are some tables being spread in other places.  I think as I said elsewhere - a much better year lies ahead. I think its only when Cyril REALLY gets his hands on the levers of power that things will start to move -and those SOE's get their comepuppance.   

prancing_horse
Super Contributor

Until we have complete clarity on the land issue, and seeing some big wigs behind bars, I'm afraid we'll just carry on "doggie paddling". With such high unemployment, labours' demand is just not realistic, putting brakes on investment. Our company has been looking at Capex of R35mil, borrowing 50%, and in the scheme of things we're small fry. There must be big bucks ready for investments, the "red brigade" and "blf" need to be reigned in and CR has to show he as a mean pair of cojones.

Blik2
Contributor

SNH you say......I certainly aint punting it, but we live in strange times; Zuma might have to pay some legal fees and Group 5 doubles in a day.....

I am actually selling much of my holdings - sad that is - some have been friends for a long long time - but house renovation costs just have to be done!

partridge1
Regular Contributor

Consider your repairs a timely reallocation of capital... ?   

moneycat
Contributor

My TFIA for 2018 is still showing a loss.  For 2019 will put money in a TFSA instead.  

partridge1
Regular Contributor

Why on earth would you do that?

partridge1
Regular Contributor
As in opt for a TFSA ....because you lost(?) money in 2018 in a TFIA?
Blik2
Contributor

Regarding TFIAs, I am already childishly excited for March 2019; feel like a kiddy who is about to get his pocket money allocation and is plotting all the goodies to buy....lol.  I reccon I am good to go with a high risk ETF.  I just flippen wish SFM would allow us to buy individual shares in our TFIAs....and not just ETFs.  Makes no sense in that I am allowed to buy SYG4IRGE and yet am not allowed to buy REM.

partridge1
Regular Contributor

Speaking of SYG ( quietly because that lady terrifies me ), where are the divvies for the syg100FTSE - shouldn't they be out now.?And another thing - its really dissapointing that they charge what they

do for these "followers" ( a fair way behind note ) and depite all this argument  about how cheap it is - its not cheap despite all the arguments to the contrary.....

The rules don't permit induvidual shares - more is the pity - but you can trade as in buy sell   the EFT's without fear of tax - which I love