Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

71% Loss

JanBal
Occasional Contributor
What must I do with my share? Already at a 71% loss!
10 REPLIES 10
warhippo
Super Contributor
JanBal
Occasional Contributor
What must we do? Sell and take the loss or hold and hope for better days?
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Q is, do yo think they have any better days any time soon ?? certainly I don't
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Ask yourself weather you would buy Aveng at this price... then act accordingly.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
whether - not weather - I was checking for rain in Durbs and had a moment.
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Never sell, Just add to other stocks you feel will perform. AEG will eventually recover.
partridge
Super Contributor
Well have you read the analysts reports and OST 's "collected views" - Its clear this is not an overnight recovery - look at the sector?? - its on life support. Fixing the roof in the rain is what is happening now. A loss happens to us all - knowing why it has happened helps aid in the decision making. HOPE on the other hand is not an investment strategy I have heard said.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
quake, will it ?? won't be the first in the sector to hit the wall
Not applicable
interesting comment made by Piet Viljoen - an good company vs a good investment. They are buying Aspen because it is a good investment, he doesn't think it is a good business. Low price to book value - so it is a NAV play. There is an investment strategy called Piotroski (after a Harvard professor's thesis). It advocates buying low book to market stocks - under certain criteria - Powerstocks replicated the study in SA, and it was the biggest winner by far (although that might have been an anomaly, not sure if it has been replicated).
suki
Super Contributor
a good thesis topic for local market.