Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AGL

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Flyguy if you don't have an exit plan (stop loss and profit) in place before you enter a trade .. you gonna go way bust
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
I entered at 140... wanted to get out at 160... now we at 125... I need lot liquid cash for daily p&l... so that is why I want to cut loss.. but I know it could go back to 140 but if it goes to 120 I'm auto closeout
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Hence my questions... too much stress
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
How long can one keep cfds with the interest and is it visible to just ride it in considering I have a substantial amount... so closeout means I loose ... Please provide me with some positive advice or help... would mean a lot. ..
TheInvestor
Contributor
Hope that iron ore/KIO bounces back, otherwise AGL is in for a tough time...
wetta
Contributor
Kumba iron ore now at Fib support level; R 88.50 Maybe we will see a bounce tomorrow in KIO
FEK
Super Contributor
what is your position size ?
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Position in agl? I have no kio
Hali
Super Contributor
U need to decide whats best for u.. I play the game as follows: I trade a commodities with a 10 to 15% margin..Meaning if I buy a 1000 AGL @ R130, I make sure to keep enough margin to hold a loss even if price drops to R110.. The stop loss would then trigger at that level..the reason for such a large stop loss is these shares move R10 a day or even more so I dont want to be stopped out for nothing.. I have been trying of late to be short rather then long as the cost benefit is definitely favourinf the shorts esp in commodities as share prices have obscenely taken over fundamentals.. I try and hold for as long as possible as I have learnt from past experience is once u cut it turns.
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
AGL delivers the grosvnor plant ahead schedule and 100m below costs. Should this good news not increase price? any views?
wetta
Contributor
I think the broad sentiment concerning the commodity index will have a greater influence on the share price's of commodity stocks. Once the sentiment have changed, successful projects will add to the value of the individual stocks. Question is.. are you an investor or a trader. It can be positive if you are a long term investor since it will look good on the balance sheet. I doubt if it will have an effect on the short term.
Not applicable
and what about their unsuccessful projects? one day you guys will learn that resources are terrible long term investments. The very nature of their business is short term (buy the rights to dig a hole, ask for money, dig a hole, pull stuff out, pay eskom, non-contributing partners, local councils, labour, half a dozen government departments , fill the hole - ask for more money, etc etc). Don't see where you can possibly see value in a business like this.
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
AGL to sell off assets in Rustenburg plant valued at 450m, offer of 650m has been put on table.. does this mean 1 last spike upwards before a pullback?