Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AGL

Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Worth buying and stocking up now??? any advise?
32 REPLIES 32
wetta
Contributor
Currently in no mans land with no proper direction. Either back down to R107 or continue the trend up to R190. I'll be a buyer at R107 and a seller at R190
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for your reply.. do you not think after the budget speech Mr. Zuma makes today, the dollar would swing either way.. up( weaker rand) would mean we junk status come next month, and down (stronger)would mean resources go up and stabilize the economy
wetta
Contributor
Not sure about the budget speech but my PT for the ZAR/USD is R15.5 That being said it also looks like if the USD index might be getting ripe for a bounce to the upside. Correct me if I am wrong but generally a stronger dollar is not good for commodities. It looks as if there might be a bit more downside to shares like BHP Billiton and Kumba, which raises the question as to why AGL would rally strongly to R190 in the immediate future. AGL is very volatile combined with huge risk and anything can happen.
Not applicable
A bit of free advise for you. Make your own strategy, and trade it accordingly. If your strategy is to rely on the advice of others, you are going to lose, because you only have one replier so far, and already a conflicting view to your own. Second piece of advice, if your strategy is forecasting scenarios (nothing wrong with that), then act on it, and be able to recognize if you are wrong. Set your stops and risk accordingly. Lastly, stop thinking and just do.
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Thanks guys appreciate it.. skaap have been reading and value ur advice... so I'm trading it.. hoping for 170 for now
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Thanks guys appreciate it.. skaap have been reading and value ur advice... so I'm trading it.. hoping for 170 for now
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Worth a buy, Elliot wave down,,, at lowest I think? up from here now? any advise guys?
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
charts show pullback to 130 then up to 160? any advise suggestions or thoughts? would like to see what other think?
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
charts show pullback to 130 then up to 160? any advise suggestions or thoughts? would like to see what other think?
Hali
Super Contributor
Read my previous post on AGL.. I said 130 and if that holds back up
Hali
Super Contributor
Read my previous post on AGL.. I said 130 and if that holds back up
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Hali, Thanks for your response, I got similar views... so im thinking stock up now... should be at 150/155 before end may
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
I just don't want to hold the cfd's for too long with the interest.. 1 month at most
Eurostar
Contributor
Methinks we'll test the 122 region first!
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Eurostar, say we do,, than whats ur prediction going up and time frame for it?
Eurostar
Contributor
Flyguy will cross that bridge when we get there, i'm not convinced this long term trend down has turned yet. The fundamentals need too improve for me too change my outlook and without conviction this share will be back too 100 region . JMO
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
thanks was just wondering if I should cut losses now and get out... margin is depleting daily
wetta
Contributor
In my opinion you should not trade highly volatile stocks using CFD's if you are still asking other people advice on the stock. Believe me, these highly volatile CFD stocks can wipe out an account in no time. Better to stick to more stable stocks while learning how to trade high volatile stocks. You will make more money this way. Since you mentioned Elliot wave analysis; one guide line is that a complete cycle normally retraces back to the previous 4th wave or B wave which should be roughly at the .382 or 0.5 or 0.618 Fib retracement of the cycle. The previous 4th wave or B wave IN MY OPINION is the side ways price action from the 03/7/16 to the 04/08/16. Coincidentally this 4th or B wave is also the exact 0.5 Fib retracement for the cycle. I am not saying that this is how things would pan out, but I am using this strategy to reduce the risk and therefor I have no position in AGL. First, you need to master your own strategy before trading stocks like AGL.
Hali
Super Contributor
Flyguy...just chill..don't cut ur position..we will have a bounce..