Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Anglo dropping

AP
Regular Contributor
Can anyone predict how low this share will drop? A while back and I've predicted a low of 88. Then it seemed highly u likely, now it seems within reach (shortly)...
19 REPLIES 19
Rams
Super Contributor
KIO also dropping
Preston
Super Contributor
@Rams, MSM Price Action is GREEN.
Blik
Super Contributor
PE of 40, Div canned (???), earnings unlikely to double, so surely it can go a lot lower? Wouldn't a PE of 20 be high for AGL in current times?
Rams
Super Contributor
and so is your name, but is it worth it?
AP
Regular Contributor
Blik, good point! Based on PE it would imply share price can and should drop much lower than 88?
Preston
Super Contributor
@Rams, not sure, ask management , see latest trading update.
Rams
Super Contributor
why would your name be in the trading update?
Preston
Super Contributor
@Rams, if only i understood the language in your part of the world?
partridge
Super Contributor
Answer =Zero
kwagga
Super Contributor
Point is we need liquidations in the industry. There seems to be oversupply of just about everything. Massive imbalances were created with the commodities boom, and I haven't seen any commodity company liquidations? Somewhere a balance need to be struck between supply and demand, and it would be a story of survival of only the fittest. So the companies that ended up with the most debt and most rigid structures from the commodities boom will die a slow painful death together with there shareholders. Those with the healthiest balance sheets and can mobilize (close, retrench, focus) the quickest will survive this. Just have a look at the the Baltic dry bulk cargo index for a very, very bleak picture of the industry. Shipping companies are going bust monthly, and commodity companies need to follow suite. Commodity prices will continue to fall unless companies stop digging.
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
3 - 4 years ago my brother was working in Indonesia / Papua ,etc....he couldn't believe all the new mines that were coming on stream. Basically strip mining stuff. Most importantly nearly zero rules i.e. non of the extra costs that BHP / Anglo incur. These "honest" miners are on a hiding to nothing.....++ throw in Chinese miners
AP
Regular Contributor
Anglo is restructuring past 3+ years. Morral is at an all time low. Just wonder how long would they be able to survive. Heads are reduced to the bear minimum and marginal mines are being sold at low prices. Wonder if the strategy is not to prepare them for a take-over?
AP
Regular Contributor
Anglo is restructuring past 3+ years. Morral is at an all time low. Just wonder how long would they be able to survive. Heads are reduced to the bear minimum and marginal mines are being sold at low prices. Wonder if the strategy is not to prepare them for a take-over?
AP
Regular Contributor
Hali
Super Contributor
And to think, Mr Simon Brown and a few other tv pundits had this as the stock pick for the 2015 year in the beginning of the year when the price was 220. Goes to show that we all "speculating"..no1 knows what a share price is going to do..no1
Blik
Super Contributor
I seem to remember someone calling a 3 year head and shoulders back in about 2011/12....not quite sure who it was (Kwagga, Skaap, John, Simon... ??)...maybe we should have listened.
BullsnBears
Contributor
At this rate AGL will soon be out of the TOP40.
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
SOL overregulated to a semi government organisation with a low morale amongst employees arising from dampened initiatives. It will not be before long that this company's overburden of heavyweight managerial staff and gap in the mid-management cadres results in its demise.
Blik
Super Contributor
What is scary is that VOD has a MCAP 70 billion Rand greater than AGL...moer! Who would have guessed that 10 years ago.