Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any hope for this share to recover again?

Sycorion
Contributor
Any hope for this share or is it sliding down all the way?
11 REPLIES 11
Hali
Super Contributor
I am catching it on this 1, went long in the mid 50s.. I cant believe, its like down everyday..
Hali
Super Contributor
I am catching it on this 1, went long in the mid 50s.. I cant believe, its like down everyday..
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Every sale has a purchase - I also would want to know how this fits in the bigger picture.
kwagga
Super Contributor
Platinum companies under water @ current plat prices and low demand for plat, so I have a small holding in AMS left after selling 50% of my holding after the recent support break. Commodities really are the dogs of the JSE for the last six years or so. It will shine again, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to wait another couple of years for that to happen.
Russ
Super Contributor
Slip sliding away. If it gives any sort of bounce I would get out.That chart doesn't give any cause for optimism.
Hali
Super Contributor
I am long at 56? What is the forums views? Do you guys see a bounce to back around 56-57? Or further downside to like 45?
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
Hali
Super Contributor
Should I cut it? It looks very cheap based on the charts.. almost 20% down in a short time..
Not applicable
charts can't tell you what is cheap or expensive. There are no fundamentals reflected in charts. Charts can only help you gain perspective on the market sentiment. In Implats' case - market sentiment looks pretty negative to me! Why hang onto a losing stock? You will have plenty of time to make profit on this when its fortunes start to turn again?
Hali
Super Contributor
I am looking to get out..no doubt but I am abit apprehensive to close a position at near the bottom(I think R50 will be a solid support), I just think it should bounce soon.. AMS looks like its stabilising abit.. Does anyone feel that because its outside the top40 big funds may be shunning this one?
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
A little bit of hope this afternoon...