Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any ideas what will happen with this share

cuzz
New Contributor
Does anyone have any expectations for this share? How do you think it will compare to redefine and growthpoint shares. I see a future for this kind of business but is SA ready for this?
2 REPLIES 2
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it going to be weak, it not a traditional property and funds looking at it all sideways like
kwagga
Super Contributor
Oversupply and low barriers to entry in this market. Don't like it. I know a guy that owns 110 storage units. They convert old containers into storage units and rent at 60% of Stor-Age costs. His sitting with empty units for the first time ever. He mentioned that two guys did the same thing in surrounding areas. So you might have heard of the Dry Bulk Cargo index ? It's at a 30 year low. The use containers for shipping, and these shipping companies are going bust one after the other after taking on too much debt during the commodity boom. I think you're going to get a massive oversupply of old containers flooding the marking and guys converting these into storage space by the thousands. No thank you.