Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Aspen

ACDC
Occasional Contributor
Is this a so called blue chip stock ? How does it keep falling? Surely there is some pride in it ?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Valued Contributor
nothing goes up in a straight line, not even blue chips or proud stocks
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
It's as blue chip as they come. You'll see that when this market recovers one day. It will be one of the first to move.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
over 10 years its had above 1000% return_wish I had been in on that ride.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
You know what they say: pride comes before a fall.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
I have to say I am very proud to say that I have been holding this one since may 2005! There is a huge level of pride in this company from is shareholders and rightly so. Stephen Saad did a fantastic job and continues to do this!
0 Kudos
leoridge
Contributor
Like the Sharks ?
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Werner always holds things for too long. very very long. EOH, CAPITEC, Etc
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
WHL is another one i hold for very long... but i wouldnt say "too long" its proving to be worth the wait!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
in defence of Werner's long term strategy - the big 4 stocks over the last 10 years (excluding the flash move stocks like SCL and Finbond) - Coronation, EOH, Naspers, Capitec have all been 10 baggers over the last year - and all of them have experienced 20% pullbacks at least once in their respective rises to fame.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
eish, that should read 10 baggers over the last 10 years
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Thanks! Yes, and the cool thing is that they're still looking decent! I think more growth coming from them.. one should buy on the dips!
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
I am not against your strategies and feel jealous i don't have the discipline to do that.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
0 Kudos