Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Been a while...

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I haven't owned goldies for most of the year now. Perhaps it is time. The gold price is effectively 1400 at yesterday's exchange rate. The chart?... tiny support at R36 then nothing down to... R22. Decisions, decisions, decisions...
10 REPLIES 10
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Maybe.. I'll wait a while longer...
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
OK ... just a nibble!
kwagga
Super Contributor
First proper support @ 3250 for Sibanye
kwagga
Super Contributor
Support after 3250, 2950. 2950 would be a good entry point if support holds.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I am torn between - just letting the thing crash to R22... or allowing for a reversal ala all of the other resource counters.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
So- I am adopting a "softly, softly" approach. Start with a few and add progressively larger chunks lower support as the action unfolds. Sob story I bought 250000 of these at R10 a couple of years ago - got out at a small loss thinking I would buy them back when the smoke cleared and I could better interpret the price action - and never managed to get them back. Look how that turned out - I really struggle with these gold shares. Boohoo!
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
8x normalized 2nd half earnings! Everybody wanted these things when they made no money but not now. Isn't the market a funny thing?
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
8x normalized 2nd half earnings! Everybody wanted these things when they made no money but not now. Isn't the market a funny thing?
KAIZEN
Occasional Contributor
Does it look like it going to R22?
KAIZEN
Occasional Contributor
Does it look like it going to R22?