Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Broker Trustees Fee

gbarnard0
Occasional Contributor

Probably a bit behind but I saw this for the first time on my 3 month cash history.

What is it?

7 REPLIES 7
Jetman1
New Contributor

Hi

I mailed ost 3 days ago about the same question and i have not received a answer yet.

Mine started going of in 2015 already.

I can not find a explenation in there cost structure.This seem like a story for money web

Dineo_T
Contributor

Hi guys,

The broker trustee fee is also known as the 'SBG Sec Fee'. This is the fee that's charged on the interest you receive ont he cash portion of your OST account that earns interest. When you have  a certain amount of cash in your account - it acts as a money market account and you earn interest on that cash balance.

If you go to the OST landing page, click Fees & Costs, scroll down to Money Market Account then click on minimum net balance, you'll be able to get a breakdown of the cost.

gbarnard0
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dineo but I still cannot find the breakdown.

gbarnard0
Occasional Contributor

Can you send me the path?

coolwaters
Occasional Contributor

This securities.standardbank.co.za page can’t be found

No webpage was found for the web address:https://securities.standardbank.co.za/ost/nsp/FrontOfficePublic/legacy/onlinereg/moneyMark.asp 

HTTP ERROR 404
coolwaters
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, managed to open the link now, thanks.