Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CEO resigns

Preston
Super Contributor
Excellent point Ramjee
Rams
Super Contributor
if only i understood the language in your part of the world?
Werner_1
Super Contributor
where does this absolutely huge number come from? its many times more than the total revenue of the group?
BullsnBears
Contributor
The fine is due on Monday and still not a peep from MTN. Not even a "negotiations are ongoing" statement. This is a company that doesn't seem to care much for their shareholders. Glad I got out.
Rams
Super Contributor
well spotted Werner, $4.3 billion
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
tells me they struggling .. either to reduce fine and/or to raise the money .. either way they in trouble
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Ah, that makes more sense!
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Imagine if they're charged interest if they don't make the deadline. hmm. can be quite a hefty interest bill! I am incredibly keen to see where they will get the funds from!
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
MTN SENS says negotiations on going and fine doesn't have to be paid until negotiations are concluded ..
Rams
Super Contributor
it all depends on what leverage SA has on them, if they have comapanies here, I am sure they are not following all the rules, hit them with a bigger fine and this will be negotiated away. I am still holding...
Not applicable
big deal. he isn't "falling on his sword"or taking the blame. it is an exit strategy. recall the double dividend that was released recently despite the market wondering why as mtn had big squeeze happening on all fronts. How many shares did the CEO have that paid hime this handsome divident, and how much money did they make from shorting the share thru a 3d party before the sh* hit the fan.