Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CML

Russ
Super Contributor
Who would have thought the share price would halve during the course of this year? It looked like it would keep going up forever.
16 REPLIES 16
partridge
Super Contributor
function of equity markets
Vince888
Regular Contributor
Certainly the worst performer in my portfolio this year to date. But this could be also a good buying opportunity especially with the attractive dividend yield. In my opinion I think the selloff was just an over-reaction and doesn't deserve to be punished like it has this year.
Russ
Super Contributor
I thought it was getting back into a nice uptrend again in October but it didn't last and just came crashing down again.
Not applicable
its disappointing, for sure. I am obliged to sell now. Seen my profit go from 200% to 100%. Reason for the sale - this is not a pullback, its a structural decline. I have to look at better alternative investments.
Preston
Super Contributor
Wait until Thursday.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
CML started gong heavy into resource stocks in Jan, so performance fees are disappearing and with them earnings
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
There is (was?) a school of thinking (inter alia Investec thoughts, if I may say so) that resources albeit risky, were to improve from next year.... But yes, CML has lost me 30pc - I am not a trader, so I hold on in despair. What would be an alternative at this time?
partridge
Super Contributor
There is a disconnect between growth and value - the results tend to track each other - but for the past 5 or so years value has slipped. Ergo the value managers are underperforming. All depends on time horizon. (But I still won't buy AGL now!)
suki
Super Contributor
It seems like the First Rand is joining these guys.
Vince888
Regular Contributor
Eina. I hold fsr as well
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
@suki, do not stress abt FSR,
surfer
Regular Contributor
Said it long ago.CML are not as clever as everybody makes out.They have too much money now and their investment universe is too small.Due to QE markets have rallied way harder than they should ever have and CML were milking the performance fees
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
@suki, stress about FSR. I am selling local banks
suki
Super Contributor
i sold @ R43 yesterday morning
Cedric_1
Contributor
does that include CPI Simon?
SimonPB
Valued Contributor