Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Cheap?

Antenna14
Contributor
The Chief executive has been buying and buying while this share continued to drop drastically. Is AndrT de Ruyter extremely ambitious or is there something possibly waiting to happen??? Even if not...This Share seems cheap? any opinions???
25 REPLIES 25
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Read today's posts under MTN - some has the feeling that Nampak is to respond in a similar fashion as has MTN (after the announcement of its penalty settlement.)
Preston
Super Contributor
The share price for Nampak will increase gradually. Nampak produced a good set of result with Volume growth in most of their products. The Market took a rather bias approach in punishing Nampak due to their Nigeria restriction. With oil price on the rise , and with the latest inflow of forex into Nigeria (MTN deal), there is some hope. I am a buyer of this stock and over time it should repay you handsomely.
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
At these levels decided to jump in again (CFD). Have also taken a bite for long term.
Preston
Super Contributor
@prancing horse , Keep to your trading stop loss.
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I'm and always will be a gambler
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The buying means very little - If I recall correctly it was in terms of a scheme in terms of which the company would potentially match them 1:1 - so half price.
indium
Contributor
If one looks back at price history Share Price was at current level in Oct 1995 - that is 21 years and no growth. Please tell me there was a share split along the way? I am personally waiting for pullback to around R12 which was tested in Nov 2000, Apr 2003, Mar 2009 as I entered MTN too early and had to average down and that was not a life enhancing experience. I will rather be patient and wait for R12, especially as dividend cut and potential cash flow issues with money tied up in Nigeria / Angola.
Not applicable
large mature commodity item company with no discernible brand and heavily dependent on consumer led economic growth to perform. Add huge debt to the equation. Now consider that, like all consumer products, the only viable strategy for growth is export. But you can't export packaging - you have to either set up shop in a new country or acquire. They have had enough time now to get their Nigerian projects going. Failing that - it is tickets for NPK, in my opinion.
Preston
Super Contributor
no discernible brand ?? Let me ponder on that 1. KFC box 2. Coke Cans 3. Juice Bottle 4. Wine Bottle
Antenna14
Contributor
As online shopping is slowly taking over... I think this presents companies like Nampak with great opportunities?
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Probably the opposite, in fact! NAMPAK's appeal is in the margins available to her as the only real operator on the African continent. She partners with big operators - Coke, Heinz, SAB and makes money. Unfortunately - there is a good reason she has no real competition on this benighted continent.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
In theory - she could use the money trapped in these countries to expand her operations there... much like Microsoft who can't take her money home to the USA (admittedly for different reasons though.) Given that her customers are in the same boat - NPK could even exchange notes or pref shares with her primary customers or even take partial payment outside the country. She could still be an interesting story going forward.
Preston
Super Contributor
@Ram, Agree, this share does have value.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
this share is junk, best stay away ..
Preston
Super Contributor
Pardon me, Simon, but I rather let the market decides if this company is junk.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
agreed (not with standing that is not what anybody here is doing, but hey), we'll check back in a year ..
Preston
Super Contributor
Instant gratification for me is when my stop loss triggers. I will then move on. But until then, there is still value on this share.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
is this a trade or an investment ?? I assumed latter, if former than who cares what or how they do anything, it just about price .. if it going up own it if not then don't
Preston
Super Contributor