Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Coal of Africa Offer Lapse

Not applicable
Any thoughts guys? Pretty disappointing if like me you had high hopes and put all eggs into one basket
7 REPLIES 7
Vasilis
Contributor
Hold on all is not lost. Now perhaps it can turn into a better deal as it would have been no good to have gotten Universal without the Eskom connection and they can now rethink the deal or find something better. The Chinese are going to spend R40 billion in a project in the Musina/Makhado area which may have a spin off for Coal in the long run.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
never put all your eggs in one basket, esp when that basket is serial disappointer CZA .. this company has always promised lots but have they ever delivered ??
Not applicable
Could you enlighten me if it is fair or allowable that CZA kept postponing the dates and then it just lapsed
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure it allowed .. the key give away was a few years back when they had some exciting new project that would cost USDbilllions and they had some feasibility project but it was not SAMREC compliant .. so was totally meaningless and of no use for raising the money they needed ..
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply Really disappointing to excite shareholders n then nada
grannylyn
Occasional Contributor
Why all the complaints? Since Apr 2015 to date the share price has risen 200%. If the share was traded correctly you could have doubled that amount. I don't think this is a bad return on capital if compared to any other asset. The only thing it is very nerve racking and may not be suitable for a short term outlook. A five year plan or you must trade it or leave alone until suitable trend develops.
Not applicable
I've also considered that; leave it alone and just wait