Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Consolidated Infrastructure Group - CIL

Solved
Pots
Contributor

Was wondering whether anyone can provide their views on why CIL keeps losing ground. The share price is down to levels last seen in 2013 when their HEPS was half of what it is today and it is already down from last year Novembers rights offer price of R19.30. Could it be that the drop in HEPS compared to the previous period is the cause of the sell-off or is it that their prospects have dwindled down to nought and this share is going to turn out to be the proverbial dog share ......

Go to the solution >
9 REPLIES 9
Russ
Solution
Super Contributor

Not sure, but it looks due for a rally. I wouldn't sell it now.

tmakgalo
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

From a Technicals perspective CIL is on a heavy downtrend(Weekly and Daily),I would wait for a close above R25 to confirm a Trend change.

I'm not a fundamentals guy,so I would not be highly sure whats causing the downtrend.

Fredthesailor
Occasional Contributor
I would love to see a close above R25 ......but why is it being hit so badly ?
Pots
Contributor

Hello, From a technical viewpoint, I thought the japanese candle 'hammer' formation that I saw on 22 May 2017 (similar to hammer on 9 Feb 2017) and with the next candle trending up, it signalled a reversal (as was the case, albeit, short lived around 9 Feb). This time, however, it seems, the reversal never fully materialised and instead we see a bearish engulfing on 24 May 2017, followed by a further fall yesterday (on extremely high volume (5mil +, compared to +-300K)) and then a further drop today. Any chance for some comments on this stocks behaviour - and what the possible botom is going to be ....... Should the candles, in this case, be looked at with other technical indicators (e.g stochastic ...). Its just that this share appears to be very oversold (undervalued) and still it is being knocked down, and there isn'y any news to justify this hammering ........

Pots
Contributor

Ive sent an e-amil to CIG investor relation highlighting my concern cause it seems like some negative news may have leaked out to select shareholders who are starting to close their position. If there is any news that can materially affect the performance of the company then I have asked that they post it on SENS.

Fredthesailor
Occasional Contributor

trading down again today , there must be some really bad news coming ......

@Pots wrote:

Ive sent an e-amil to CIG investor relation highlighting my concern cause it seems like some negative news may have leaked out to select shareholders who are starting to close their position. If there is any news that can materially affect the performance of the company then I have asked that they post it on SENS.

Fredthesailor
Occasional Contributor
down she goes again today now at 15.40 . how low can she go ?
Pots
Contributor

Response to my e-mail was from the CEO, Raoul Gamsu, who advised that should they become aware of anything that would materially affect the company, they would announce on SENS. Since nothing has been forthcoming, even though the share is now trading at late 2012 - early 2013 levels, when earnings were far lower, I can only assume that for them, its business as usual, even though AES (Angola) has affected them (but still operates profitably). I also noted report posted on OST on CIL's prospects, and one would have thought that, with an overal outlook being positive (share is Undervalued), there would be some upward movement, but lo and behold , it falls even further. Only thing I can think of is that those investors who bought post 2013 are bailing out to cut or minimise losses or shareholders prior to 2012 are starting to cash in ...........

Pots
Contributor

Seems like CIL might have bottomed out after PAIG 2 Buildworks (Pan African Investment Group) announced that it has acquired 14.2% of CIG stock. Not sure what their previous % holding was but if they acquired at current level they probably are happy that they managed to get a fairly good stock at very low prices (we talking of the price having fallen to 2013 levels). Lets see how the next few trading days pans out for CIL