Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Correction or smash

Vasilis
Contributor
Coal has corrected 28% in two days. This seems really abnormal as nothing has changed except getting a new CFO and dishing out share incentive options at higher than the market price. Am I wrong in assuming someone or somebody is shorting these shares or is this just a panic attack caused by an article published recently that proposes that the directors have to raise more cash to get Vele up and running and the cheapest way out is to have a rights issue. Please! has anyone any insight on this info.
13 REPLIES 13
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I'm sure luqiewp must have dumped his holding to buy Ellies.
AP
Regular Contributor
Prancing horse, I agree!
Vasilis
Contributor
If he has dumped and bought Ellies he has jumped from the frying pan into the fire.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well it ran higher for no reason leaving lots of air pockets below .. it now reverting back into the air pockets ..
Not applicable
airpockets - is that a Simonism?
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
actually a page88ism
Vasilis
Contributor
I read your reply but please define what you mean by "air pockets". I see no technical 'gaps' so I don't know what you are describing. As far as I can ascertain the share merely re-rated to a value it should have or perceived to have as it had just raised a capital injection by means of an equity raise of 65 million pounds which should have equated to +/- R1,00 a share excluding any other assets it may have. Please advise?
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
air pockets is when you go up in a hurry often times followed by a hurried decline ..
Not applicable
yes i did sell off 50% of my stock at 1.10c to buy ellies,only because i bought CZA at 40c, but dont be dispondent .. if i were you i would hold onto some of your coal for africa stock-long term this share is going to be as hot as they come.
Not applicable
not all was ellies i bought 4 stoccks which im holding like a die hard for the next 2 years steinhoff brait mmi holdings capitec short term stocks im holding eqstra ellies labat coal of africa
Vasilis
Contributor
I like your style Lugie, out of the pan and into the fire.
AP
Regular Contributor
Luqiewp I think your almost shotgun approach will not do too badly (if you change your approach slightly). Their was an article on Stockwatch (US stocks) where they've compared totally random approach (using monkeys to choose stock...) vs that of fund managers. The random approach outperformed that of the clever and well paid fund managers (in the long run). The lesson that I can apply from this article (for you) is to abandon your current strategy and rather choose your stocks completely randomly...your stocks are likely to perform much better this way!
AP
Regular Contributor
Luqiewp I think your almost shotgun approach will not do too badly (if you change your approach slightly). There was an article on Stockwatch (US stocks) where they've compared totally random approach (using monkeys to choose stock...) vs that of fund managers. The random approach outperformed that of the clever and well paid fund managers (in the long run). The lesson that I can apply from this article (for you) is to abandon your current strategy and rather choose your stocks completely randomly...your stocks are likely to perform much better this way!