Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

DSY Rights issue

prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Buying at current price i.e. 130 your average will be 127.56 hardly worth chasing IMO as its had a good run. If I held them I'd take up the rights for sure, in my case I'll wait and see what the NPL trade at.
Brainware
Frequent Contributor
Are the NPLs the shares you get @ R90? Where would one trade these?
Vince888
Regular Contributor
Npl's are allocated to your account and you receive the ratio in accordance on how many shares you hold in dsy
fressa
Regular Contributor
is it too late to take up my rights?
CrownA
Super Contributor
Hi Simon, I am confused here. I have 750 DSY shares. I see I have 70 DSYN today. Are those free? Can I sell them? 750/100 * 9.38 = 70 shares. How do I buy these 70 shares DSY at R90? Must I have R6300 in my account cash to buy them? So do I accept the tick on the shares and elect to take them up, or how do this work. Really confused here...
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you can sell them in the open market, code dsyn .. or you can take up and pay a further R90 per each you take up (R6300 in your case) .. election is on home page
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Brainware
Frequent Contributor
So if you buy DSYN shares - do you have the right to buy a DSY share at R90? without brokerage costs?
Brainware
Frequent Contributor
At what price of DSY was this a good deal for the guys who bought?
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
At the current price of DSYN (R32), if you paid more than 125 for DSY to participate in the rights issue you'd be under water. I think a few got caught up in the hype that really didn't want the stock but thought could make a few quick bucks.
Rams
Super Contributor
well, this was not really answered when posted above: " Using your calculations above , are you really wanting to know if you can make a quick buck out of this..average buy in at 123 and trading at 126 on Monday? Well, did anybody...make a quick buck?
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you can't make a quick buck off a NPL, but note the NPL is trading at DSY - R90
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Is the reason it traded over 130 on Friday not because some thought there was money to be made trading the NPL? If one had wanted DSY stock it turned out to be better purchasing it yesterday as opposed chasing it on Friday. That is way my comment that I Didn't think the NPL would trade at 36 as I felt the stock was being pushed purely to get their hands on the NPL, and for no other reason.
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
Ok - Some help please. I have NPL of R3000 to "sell" or spend R8000 to buy 90 shares (approx). I have followed this post but still can't see the "no brainer" answer with all the activity on this rights issue. Some advice please team. Thanks
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
It would appear you have 1000 DSY shares, when and why did you buy?
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
..ages ago - investment... thanks
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I still don't quite know what answer your looking for, however if I was in your shoes I would take up the offer if that is an answer, as your pay 90 per share for what others are presently prepared to part with >125 per share