Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Directors Selling

The_White_Strip
Occasional Contributor
Normally I dont pay much attention to dir dealings, but the selling is relentless by FBR directors. I cant think what could be wrong though, I would think FBR would be doing well with petrol price cuts,other retailers doing well and all the lazy cooks in SA. Any thoughts SimonPB, Thanks?
6 REPLIES 6
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
Been going on for years - "re-balancing" and also to add some liquidity to the market. I agree though....eventually you do question?
The_White_Strip
Occasional Contributor
Seems the last few months have seen a lot more selling than usual.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
they the family who started Steers, they bought hedderwick in to run it and he bought wimpy and the rest is history (or famous) .. they have been selling for ages and will continue for a while, simple they converting their now very simple business into cash

I still hod fbr and still like it, the selling doesn't bother me, sometimes they cap the price from moving higher (as they did back in the R40's) .. but eventually they run out of shares
Siener
Contributor
I did pick up that franchisees are struggling (like-for-like sales very poor lately), but Famous Brands, as Franchise Holder, is still increasing profits by signing up more hopefuls as franchisees. This is a disturbing trend however and doesn't bode well for sustainability of earnings growth.
Siener
Contributor
In last set of results, same store sales only up 3.4%. After inflation, that's negative in volume terms. Add increased overheads (lease, electricity etc) and many franchisees must be struggling. Even worse, FBR says that brands operating in high LSM are doing much better, so some of their lower-market brands must really be taking a hit (just witness fish-and-chips brand in Spur stable that was decimated in last set of results). If some of FBR's franhisees start to go under, those juicy monthly franchise fees they receive will be under threat.
Not applicable
labat africa share price to increase dramatically in 2015 the Company has been short-listed as a preferred bidder in relation to a potential acquisition of one of the other logistic opportunities. Shareholders are advised that, as a preferred bidder, the Company has signed a non-binding non-exclusive term sheet, with a certain party (?the Seller?) in terms of which Labat will acquire the Seller?s business assets and operations (?the Sale Assets?) (?Proposed Transaction?). In terms of the Proposed Transaction, Labat will acquire the Sale Assets for a purchase consideration of R627.5 million (six hundred and twenty seven million and five hundred thousand Rand) to be settled in cash. this one looks good check it out