Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GPL good value?

KAIZEN
Occasional Contributor
I read Burger King, Doughnuts and Atlas Slot Machines is not included in the share price. It's good value at this price is not? The FM says the price must be R6.48
9 REPLIES 9
rosszar
Contributor
I think it is good value, been buying a lot sub 3.40. Food assets not fully reflected in the price, and I am hoping they will take control of Spur.
partridge
Super Contributor
and now that they haven't?
rosszar
Contributor
Still good value in my opinion, some of what was going to be used for Spur now coming soon as a 25c dividend, and they still got lots more cash. Would not count out something still happening on the Spur front, would not under estimate Hassen Adams.
partridge
Super Contributor
they pushed the boat out for Spur. 1. either they thought the analysts had got it wrong (?) or were hopelessly overpaying..can' be both. but AM's were not going to sell so,.,?
rosszar
Contributor
Still makes sense for them to combine food assets from operational viewpoint, not sure how they will do it now, but sure they will. Hopefully BK makes profit by June 2017, followed by DDonuts later. I think Spur has the expertise to take these two strong brands to greater heights.
partridge
Super Contributor
is there a future for "dunkin donuts" - the stuff is poison to your system - what I am seriously asking is whether or not this TYPE of food output can continue...? I personally think that like the COCA COLA's of this World their days are numbered or at least their product will have to undergo major re- engineering - much like fags. BETTER not tell Warren.
partridge
Super Contributor
is there a future for "dunkin donuts" - the stuff is poison to your system - what I am seriously asking is whether or not this TYPE of food output can continue...? I personally think that like the COCA COLA's of this World their days are numbered or at least their product will have to undergo major re- engineering - much like fags. BETTER not tell Warren.
rosszar
Contributor
the misconception about Dunkin is that it just Donuts, their slogan is actually 'Coffee and more'. People will always want a treat or a vice, Tobacco stocks were written off 20 years ago, but been the best performers.
partridge
Super Contributor
Coffee ?? They can slogan away as much as they like - this sort of "food " has no future. And really all this is about the future. Ditto tobacco - and big oil... That's not to say that tobacco will continue to sell in the third world and the producers will continue to buy back shares..and divvies will run on .. but mene mene tekel .....