Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

How convenient?

Yakah
Contributor
I find the director's dealing extremely disturbing. Check this out. 19/02/2015: M. Barnes buys 21 300 000 @ 12c to a value of R2.55 million. Six months later in August he sells 9 168 472 @ 45c for a value of 4, 125 812? So much for having shareholders interest at heart.
5 REPLIES 5
geordie1
Super Contributor
what worries you?maybe he sold to reduce personal debt?or invest elsewhere?has the share price dropped since?looks like it has risen so shareholders who bought from him have benefited?
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Bought at 32c holding at current, I'm happy, Mr Barnes can have his share after such performance. Better than paying tax for a turkey that buys a 4bn jet and laughs in the face of his constituents.
suki
Super Contributor
Mr Barnes is the new Post Office CEO.
partridge
Super Contributor
I sold this long ago and I 'm glad I did - look at earlier years reporting - what a circus. This was what especially worried me. There is a more important factor. If this business actually had an enticing value proposition it would have shown better results by now - its dribbled and dabbled and produced pathetic results. This should tell you something about the management. It tells me its ain't going to happen because they have had plenty of time to deliver SOMETHING of value. I CUT my losses and ran.
Networth
Occasional Contributor
The shares were sold to staff and I just love that. The more shares the owners and staff have the better. Please see my comment of 28 August 2015. A lot of companies can do so much better if they follow this example and philosophy. I believe now more than ever that Purple is correctly setup for what is to come i.e. fluctuating exchange rates and equity prices. (With all investors around the world looking for the next bear market and recession, will only benefit Purple) Great news that they are partnering with Satrix making a low cost product available for many that want to invest in a 'save' equity without having to know a lot of investments. I am really impressed. Also love the fact that the Purple team are sharing the income via dividends. Yes, they pocket a lot, but in the meantime they are also paying my December holiday. But I suppose the proof will be in the pudding, and I am more than happy to hold on to mine.