Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Investing Opportunity?

JeanStocker
Contributor
I saw an article this morning on news24 listing the companies supplying eskom, but CZA was not listed, in the same article they pointed out that eskom needs 20 new collieries as they would would have a shortfall until 2018 would this be he time to invest? or is this company also held by another company listed under there suppliers?
13 REPLIES 13
samoa
Super Contributor
1.No 2.Dont know.
kwagga
Super Contributor
Eskom needing anything means nothing. Ask Exxaro that's suppose to supply Medupi. Months & years of delay. Coal it seems is in oversupply as well.
WES
Super Contributor
This company's shares fell 98.3 % in the last five years. Last time I heard it was a dog. Go and gamble rather, you will still lose your money, but you might enjoy it .
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Double Thumbs down!!
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
As JP said on stock watch a share can fall 90% and then halve as well.........
jordash
Not applicable
I think there must be some behind the scene negotiations. Eskom needs all the coal that they can get.
JeanStocker
Contributor
Today CZA Made a few announcements and there financial reports was issued what is everybodies thoughts on this?
JeanStocker
Contributor
Today CZA Made a few announcements and there financial reports was issued what is everybodies thoughts on this?
JeanStocker
Contributor
nass
Occasional Contributor
I'm holding onto some of these "dog" shares and hoping for their much talked about "turn around" plan to bear some fruit. Has anyone got any thing positive to say about CoAL for a medium to longer term return ? Or should I take to loss now ?
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
...as always said ...a share can lose 90% of its value...and then still lose 50% more! Chase trends upwards....
nass
Occasional Contributor
The CEO recently bought R135k worth of shares, and nothing happened to the share price !!
Nkhweti_Mozambi
Contributor
Feel that,it is winter coming...I am holding on to this one,the idea is that its become cheaper for me and if it goes half lower then I will get twice as much for my price.