Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Lon crisis

Y2J
Occasional Contributor
I would like to know what will happen to the amount i see on my portfolio that the shares dropped passing the amount i use to buy shares with. am still new on this depertment of share trading so i really need a proper explanation. what i see on my portfolio is a lot of cash that i owe of about -R140 000. your help will be of important to me.
13 REPLIES 13
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
I would phone help desk NOW...
Bangbielie
Contributor
If you went log on LON buying CFD's, you can kiss your cash goodbye. For sure!
Galuc
Super Contributor
If you new, why are you trading cfd's? Firstly they are geared instruments and secondly you can lose a lot more than you have. Thirdly and most important why have you waited so long to ask this question? Sell and I hope that you survive to trade another day.
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
If lonmin delists and closes down.. thee entire economy will suffer as a result.. so don't think this share will delist.. They will get the rights issue
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
If lonmin delists and closes down.. thee entire economy will suffer as a result.. so don't think this share will delist.. They will get the rights issue
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
Y2J - did you ever resolve this ?
Y2J
Occasional Contributor
thanks guys i got help. thank you for your attention.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
They should let LONMIN fail! This would give the other producers a chance of surviving by limiting supply. By bailing out LONMIN, the government would effectively preserve those jobs for a LITTLE while - long enough to reach the elections would be their plan. It would place the balance of the jobs in the industry in jeopardy. It could lead to the wholesale ruin of the rest of this industry! They would b using our tax money to destroy our savings - the economy to wit.
kwagga
Super Contributor
I would hate to have state pension tied up in the IDC right now. It's become clear that these funds will start to be utilized to drive a political agenda. Funding Lonmin makes absolutely no sense. It's become clear that this industry is ready for massive consolidation.
Preston
Super Contributor
@kwagga, it is always easier to lose other peoples pension money.