Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MASONITE too

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Sad when a solid old company like this calls it a day! Can't understand this based on her balance sheet. Looks more like they have decided to decamp and make this a fair arrangement where labour , creditors and all stakeholders can share the pain.
6 REPLIES 6
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Bought 4 enterprises from Pierre Berrange, the 1st in '98 and the most recent 3 years ago. The past 3 years I have been leasing a company of which he is the liquidator, the sale can't be finalised due to a pending court case, so when I meet him early in January will be interesting to know the ins and outs of this setup.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I'll be sure to bug you for info... I think this kind of thing is going to become a theme. It makes more and more sense to focus on optimising your exit than to stick around and wait for the inevitable.
Preston
Super Contributor
Sign of times i guess.
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Just received my notification by email as they're one of my debtors.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Never nice... I am so glad I am not in business any more!
klapka
Super Contributor
Very interesting. Maybe a good idea for more struggling companies to do this. Losing money on sales at the mo but still have plenty asset value. Going to be fascinating how things work out. Hope it does. I had forgotten they were even listed. Hardboard will always be masonite to me.