Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

MIGHT be opportunity !

barry_1
Super Contributor
I might be wrong, but this might be one of those "once in a lifetime opportunities !".....Investors world-wide are racing to get into the Iranian 5 trillion stock exchange. Starting from scratch is difficult, so now they are looking for shares already represented there....Added to this MTN has over 12 billion Rand in dividends frozen there which it would be able to repatriate if sanctions were finally lifted....I am starting to nibble on the installments and shares....Some would say wait till sanctions are lifted, but then again the largest profits would have already have been made. Only my opinion!
13 REPLIES 13
Not applicable
agree with you. Its a binary event (they either get the money out or they don't). Not sure if Sanctions is the reason though (vs currency controls). Anyways, the point of binary events such as these - the downside is already factored (assuming the market has written this off), so the upside will largely surprise. And you have Iran growth (which must surely follow) to boot
partridge
Super Contributor
barry_1
Super Contributor
barry_1
Super Contributor
delta
Occasional Contributor
I believe MTN is currently priced correctly at the moment and if the Iran deal goes through that a bonus. I am actually adding more MTN to my portfolio.
delta
Occasional Contributor
I believe MTN is currently priced correctly at the moment and if the Iran deal goes through that a bonus. I am actually adding more MTN to my portfolio.
delta
Occasional Contributor
WES
Super Contributor
Garth MCKenzie of traders corner is shorting MTN.
partridge
Super Contributor
Russ
Super Contributor
I find that surprising when it's so oversold on the daily chart. He also went long KIO two days ago and was probably stopped out today as his stoploss was at 11500. You can't win them all.
dust
Occasional Contributor
What happen today?
dust
Occasional Contributor
What happen today?
samoa
Super Contributor