Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Musica revenue split

Highlighted
Contributor
Does anyone know where I can get the revenue derived only from Musica in the 2015 financial year? Doesn't appear to be in their annual financials.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Musica.. contributed R895m to group turnover (4%)..increase in tech and gaming, decrease in CDs. opened 5 stores closed 7. Like Bodyshop (1%), I'm sure they'd like to get shot of those 2.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Thanks Prancing Horse. Thinking of taking a small short position here.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
The revenue has been well document through SENS and therefore reasonably priced in. I think the following 4 things may put a dampener post interim results on 21 April: 1) Foreign purchases - Although quite well hedged, this may still have a negative impact on the bottom line; 2) Musica is dead in the water, I don't see any positives coming from that side of the business; 3) When the big boys start looking at post results, with their valuation models, a lot of the inputs to the WACC would have increased, i.e. beta; country risk spread; risk free rate and cost of debt (although they do not have any) which would spit out a lower valuation; 4) technical guys may object, but seems like they are hitting a ceiling around the R100 mark, so they would need fairly strong results to push through this barrier. Note that this is my high-level analysis. Interested to hear what everyone else thinks?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Is there any instrument on OST that will allow me to short this stock?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Is there any instrument on OST that will allow me to short this stock?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Have you tried CFD's ? Good luck (I mean it)...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Hi Mullet_Fish, only CFD on this platform I can find doesn't allow short positions...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Haha, seems like I'm going against the consensus. Will be interesting to see how it pans out, wanted to enter at R100.75, with a stop at R108.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
IG markets .... not a share I would short at the moment.
0 Kudos