Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Musica revenue split

TheInvestor
Contributor
Does anyone know where I can get the revenue derived only from Musica in the 2015 financial year? Doesn't appear to be in their annual financials.
11 REPLIES 11
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Musica.. contributed R895m to group turnover (4%)..increase in tech and gaming, decrease in CDs. opened 5 stores closed 7. Like Bodyshop (1%), I'm sure they'd like to get shot of those 2.
TheInvestor
Contributor
Thanks Prancing Horse. Thinking of taking a small short position here.
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
TheInvestor
Contributor
The revenue has been well document through SENS and therefore reasonably priced in. I think the following 4 things may put a dampener post interim results on 21 April: 1) Foreign purchases - Although quite well hedged, this may still have a negative impact on the bottom line; 2) Musica is dead in the water, I don't see any positives coming from that side of the business; 3) When the big boys start looking at post results, with their valuation models, a lot of the inputs to the WACC would have increased, i.e. beta; country risk spread; risk free rate and cost of debt (although they do not have any) which would spit out a lower valuation; 4) technical guys may object, but seems like they are hitting a ceiling around the R100 mark, so they would need fairly strong results to push through this barrier. Note that this is my high-level analysis. Interested to hear what everyone else thinks?
TheInvestor
Contributor
Is there any instrument on OST that will allow me to short this stock?
TheInvestor
Contributor
Is there any instrument on OST that will allow me to short this stock?
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
Have you tried CFD's ? Good luck (I mean it)...
TheInvestor
Contributor
Hi Mullet_Fish, only CFD on this platform I can find doesn't allow short positions...
Russ
Super Contributor
TheInvestor
Contributor
Haha, seems like I'm going against the consensus. Will be interesting to see how it pans out, wanted to enter at R100.75, with a stop at R108.
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
IG markets .... not a share I would short at the moment.