Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

NOT ARH - Up she goes!

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
And the ZAR is taking it up - providing relief to all those that panicked. Just a nice hedge at a 20% discount (with potential growth) against the mess that passes as South Africa's government. Under these circumstances - the management can be forgiven all faults... as predicted.
6 REPLIES 6
Russ
Super Contributor
The question is, what's the rand going to do next? If it starts strengthening again all the rand hedges come down with it.
kwagga
Super Contributor
Nice weekly hammer on this share and downtrend broken. I think it might be worth a punt. Stop loss below 1030. 1300, 1350 targets
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Sure - but in the long term - I can't see a future for the ZAR. Her you get to buy a basket of currencies (mainly USD) at a 20% (less now) discount. With potential growth and with the kicker of being the only such product (that I am aware of at least) n our market. If the ZAR spins out - shares like this could run ay beyond NAV as a safety play (like bonds on negative implied yield.)
Russ
Super Contributor
I'm just waiting for wbo to run out of steam-could be a great short.
koos2
Super Contributor
hhehehe!, its a buy again (4 me) under 949, wanting s&p5oo to break first, ront might compensatethat though
koos2
Super Contributor
anyhoo, 4 me its a longterm thingy, (did you hear that sars?) not a trade. Circus ringside seat be damned.