Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

NOT ARH - Up she goes!

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
And the ZAR is taking it up - providing relief to all those that panicked. Just a nice hedge at a 20% discount (with potential growth) against the mess that passes as South Africa's government. Under these circumstances - the management can be forgiven all faults... as predicted.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Russ
Super Contributor
The question is, what's the rand going to do next? If it starts strengthening again all the rand hedges come down with it.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Nice weekly hammer on this share and downtrend broken. I think it might be worth a punt. Stop loss below 1030. 1300, 1350 targets
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Sure - but in the long term - I can't see a future for the ZAR. Her you get to buy a basket of currencies (mainly USD) at a 20% (less now) discount. With potential growth and with the kicker of being the only such product (that I am aware of at least) n our market. If the ZAR spins out - shares like this could run ay beyond NAV as a safety play (like bonds on negative implied yield.)
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I'm just waiting for wbo to run out of steam-could be a great short.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
hhehehe!, its a buy again (4 me) under 949, wanting s&p5oo to break first, ront might compensatethat though
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
anyhoo, 4 me its a longterm thingy, (did you hear that sars?) not a trade. Circus ringside seat be damned.
0 Kudos