Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Near a bottom???

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
AGL at a 75% discount to NAV with R120 BILLION in cash on her balance sheet. About as well positioned as any to weather the storm... I'm diving in - just hope we are near a bottom!
27 REPLIES 27
ChrisDT
Occasional Contributor
shall i trade my harmony that i bought at R11 for some AGL-i just can not decide
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Don't talk to me - I bought 200 000 HAR for around R8 and then got out for around R12 to wait for a pullback that never materialised. Another entry for The Embarrassing book of Missed trades.
ChrisDT
Occasional Contributor
easier to buy than to sell-and yes i am as greedy as you can get(not a good thing)
Russ
Super Contributor
I have a sadder story. I saw a big buy divergence on har in October. I then bought har on about 11 occasions between 13/10 and 9/11 at an average price of about R10.50. Then har took one final dive and I chickened out and sold the whole lot on 17/11 at R8.70! One of my worst trades, especially when it started shooting up after that. Live and learn!
FEK
Super Contributor
Threshold, still a very healthy profit on the 200 000 shares, well done, A profit is a profit.........
partridge
Super Contributor
I think he is just bragging....
partridge
Super Contributor
I also think it is prudent to wait before diving into Anglo. What is going to change the price - as in upwards - for the next year?
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Not bragging - I have taken some nasty losses in this market too. Re AGL - markets turn at the "bottom" and at the bottom things are at their worst - with no apparent reason to turn. That has always been the way with these thins. I am not betting the farm on this just building a position and trading with them since they are nice and liquid. All that has to happen is for the market to decide that AGL is not going under....
Rams
Super Contributor
if i were to gamble, i would gamble on a share like SAB than AGL.
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
Noooooooooooo RAMS, you gamble with a share like PHM and become a toxic queen with SAB.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
? Am I missing something? I admit that I am not really following this but - SAB is near it's offer price. Upside potential is 6% (+ potential Rand hedge benefits). All of the risk is to the downside - if something goes wrong with the takeover...
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The above being a fait accompli - where is the upside?
Rams
Super Contributor
the support level for AGL is 0.000 rands. If you trading(or gambling), then there is more upside to SAB and more downside to AGL. Investing or valuations, thats a different strategy. And unles SAB starts selling drinking OIL, resistance is at the R2000 level.
Preston
Super Contributor
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I have news for you - the support level for ALL stocks is R0.00!
Rams
Super Contributor
NASPER we called R2000 about 2 years ago when the market sold off(was R1000 then)
Rams
Super Contributor
did not invest NPN then becos Valuation was R685!
Rams
Super Contributor
typo? did you mean AGL?
Rams
Super Contributor
but seriously, i would not trade derivatives on the long side with AGL. Cash market , yes maybe with no stop loss and no time frame.