Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

New Shares

gavin50
Occasional Contributor
And 25 million shares more are to be issued as a management incentive No wonder the share price is tumbling again.I think Anchor just use Astoria as a source of management fees
20 REPLIES 20
rosszar
Contributor
Owning some ACG I do not mind the fact that they earn fees from ARA, which they do. ARA shareholders should be concerned though, surely they are paid well enough through salaries, it is their job after all! How difficult is it to pick shares like Starbucks and Johnson & Johnson? Do you really need to be incentivised? Also, lets see if the share options are priced below the IPO price, that will be telling as to their integrity.
klapka
Super Contributor
Tweet from Piet Viljoen this am: "After awarding themselves a generous management fee, do they really need another way to get one over shareholders?"
Siener
Contributor
I've said this before in posts - Astoria is one giant fleecing exercise. Don't trust any advisor flogging this to you - they're probably getting some sort of kickback.
koos2
Super Contributor
*****, Drop that kitty down low Pop that kitty down low Shop that like a window I'm gonna make you explode Drop that kitty down low Pop that kitty down low Take that video phone Drop that kitty down low
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
pigs at the trough .. I'm out ..
Siener
Contributor
Good decision Simon. I respect people who can change their opinion when the facts change. You gave them the benefit of the doubt initially, but they've burnt all their loyal investors.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
tx, I don't like getting things wrong but I fully expect to be wrong plenty often .. thing is when wrong act accordingly ..
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Interesting SENS explain away the options. Clearly upset some meaningful investors. They do want to protect their own investment after all.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
explaining...
Preston
Super Contributor
Just bought 500 ARA for my retirement.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I need some non-UK hedge with something other than property and a potential growth trajectory of sorts - so I am building towards 200000 of these.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The irony is that this is the kind of company I had sworn-off... but in an act of personal growth (and being somewhat punch-drunk from this market at the moment,) I have decided to accumulate some "different" assets.
Preston
Super Contributor
@THRESHOLD, the "kicker" for me, is that current price is below the IPO level. Current price level, feels likes a "right issue" level for me.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
didn't you buy MSM for retirement once upon a time ??
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
IPO price not important .. it NAV
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Large companies and USD cash at A 30% discount. Seems OK. Still... time will tell.
Preston
Super Contributor
Yes I did, sold out at a small profit. Capital preservation fully intact.
Russ
Super Contributor
Must confess I also bought today. The share is oversold and looks like there is a double bottom to me.
Preston
Super Contributor
@Russ, I will gladly take these shares from "weak hands".