Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

OUCH!!!

Vince888
Regular Contributor
Ouch....This is hurting!!!
7 REPLIES 7
AP
Regular Contributor
I've bought yesterday just before the SENS report; sold this morning, but probably lost 10% in total! Luckily, bought a relatively small amount and i should recover loss in few days.
samoa
Super Contributor
CML versus PSG by samoa on 30 Jul 09:16 Both on 100.00 and PE similar. Let us see who take gold in this race. 30 Jul 09:16 [Reply] [Zoom Out] Re:CML versus PSG by Vince888 on 30 Jul 13:09 Im predicting CML Re:CML versus PSG by Creature of the NighT on 30 Jul 14:14 Nice comparison...I also have done a few of these at times ... Re:CML versus PSG by samoa on 30 Jul 14:18 Late entry from JSE received. Some You loose,some you win
Vince888
Regular Contributor
CML definately way behind PSG. PSG mostly driven by CPI. Will still hold though, but I must admit this is quite painful.
Not applicable
patience folks. PSG and CML are not the same businesses, you simply can't compare. PSG is a holding company, while CML are asset managers, making money from performance fees and growing their client base. They have reported a drop in EPS, but considering that they are comparing to a set of financials where they previously recorded a 60% increase in EPS, I don't think this is all bad. On the positive note, their assets under management (the real measure, IMO) grew by roughly 20%. So that is good news. Now if you consider that they had to milk performance fees during a massive selloff in 2014, it is not surprising they are under performing. But you should expect something stellar for the next half year, IMO .
Russ
Super Contributor
It's down 10% in the past year, but up 2520% in the past 10 years!
Russ
Super Contributor
If I held this share I would probably sell if it closes that gap tomorrow around 95.50.
samoa
Super Contributor
Ya,that's life.